Saturday 23 November 2013

Pigging out on some pork


I have just shifted to Delhi which has turned out to be an amazing city. There is food everywhere. I take a stroll on the road and every few minutes I see someone selling something mouth watering. Gaurav( a friend of mine) and I were having this strong craving for pork and the two of us are crazy about north-east Indian and Tibetan cuisine. We went to a place called Dilli Haat where for the first time I saw all the cultures of India assemble at one point. There was food from all over the country. Very quickly we located a Manipuri food stall and placed our order.
Pork Thukpa
 First it was the pork thukpa.For those of you who do not know what a thukpa is, it is a noodle soup with lots of veggies and meat. After the first bite I looked at Gaurav and the two of us were smiling like we had just struck gold. Very quickly we gobbled our food down displaying minimal table manners. Well, sometimes you get carried away.. What to do???.
Pork Momos

Chilly Pork
The next course was some pork momos. Momo is another word for dumpling. The momos here were huge. Usually the ones I eat are half the size of what we got. It is accompanied by this spicy garlic red chilli sauce which compliments the momo perfectly. When it comes to eating its almost impossible for me to take small bites so I just stuff my mouth with an entire momo. Sometimes it is a little painful because it is fiery hot,ended up burning the roof of my mouth a couple of times but when all those flavors burst out in your mouth it is totally worth it. This course was quite heavy and by the end of it we were pretty full.

But, we still had a third course. The awesome chilly pork and being food lovers, Gaurav and I could not let it go to waste. With our heads held high and forks in our hands we dug in. Suddenly, our stomachs were able to accommodate more food. The chilly pork was spicy, I guess you have already found that out from the name but it had strong flavors. It was so delicious that once it was done I wanted to lick the plate clean. I had to refrain from doing that because people were already staring at us because of the pace at which we were eating. Anyway, once it was done my belly had swollen up by a couple of inches but I did not care. I just ate a beautiful meal.

This was one experience i am never going to forget. It was pork overdose and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment